Symptoms and treatment of viral bronchitis
Bronchitis virus, symptoms of which depend on the nature of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient, is a viral inflammation of the bronchi, characterized by damage of the mucous membranes. Very often this pathology is diagnosed in children and elderly due to their weak immune system.
Causes and symptoms of viral bronchitis
The cause of bronchitis are harmful microorganisms that enter the bronchial tubes with the air through the nasopharynx. When the penetration into the human body with a weak immune the virus is deposited in the bronchi and begins to multiply there, causing inflammation of the mucous membrane.
To facilitate the replication of the virus can factors such as:
- infectious diseases of the nasopharynx (rhinitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis) and maxillary sinuses (sinusitis);
- high humidity and low temperature that causes an increase in the number of patients in autumn-winter period;
- a large crowd of people;
- disturbed nasal breathing;
- frequent manifestations of influenza and acute respiratory diseases;
- a weakened immune system.
The main symptoms of infectious bronchitis are:
- frequent shortness of breath;
- the increase in body temperature to 38° C and above;
- wheezing and discomfort in the chest area;
- constant fatigue.
If the above symptoms do not pay proper attention and not to seek effective treatment, viral bronchitis can go into bacterial shape and lead to swelling and inflammation of the lungs.
Diagnosis of viral bronchitis
The correct diagnosis can only be a doctor (pulmonologist or internist), as in the first stages of bronchitis is very similar to the common cold. For this purpose, the following diagnostic methods:
- Auscultation. Is with a stethoscope after verifying all the complaints of the patient, the timing and nature of their appearance. The breathing process is characterized by the passage of air through the respiratory tract. This produces a particular sound with a stethoscope is amplified and transmitted into the ears of the doctor, making it possible to detect rales in the lungs and to diagnose bronchitis.
- General analysis of blood. Allows to determine the nature of the disease. With viral nature of the pathological process observed acceleration of erythrocyte sedimentation rate and a decrease in the number of immune cells. When the bacterial form of bronchitis General analysis of bloodwill show high levels of ESR and a higher concentration of leukocytes and neutrophils.
- The x-rays. Bronchitis on x-ray are visible to enhance the root structure of the bronchi.
- Bronchoscopy. Often used when you want to delete (confirm), abnormal intrabronchial education or to establish the form of chronic bronchitis.
Methods of treatment for viral bronchitis
To treat viral bronchitis need integrated with the use of drugs, physiotherapeutic procedures and therapeutic exercises.
Thus any treatment should be agreed with the doctor, as otherwise you may aggravate the disease and cause unwanted effects.
Drug therapy in the treatment of viral bronchitis includes:
- antivirals (Macropen, flemoksin, Azithromycin, Ceftriaxone, Suprax, etc.);
- mucolytics (Bromhexine, Mucosolvan, Ambroxol, ACC), which liquefy phlegm, which improves its excretion from the body;
- antibiotics (Amoxiclav, Panklav, Augmentin), who are appointed only at a difficult stage of bronchitis, and his transition into a bacterial form;
- bronchodilators (dilate constricted bronchial tubes, which improves the permeability by them of air);
- antitussive medications (Glaucine, Tusupreks, Libeksin etc.), which are assigned when the patient has a strong cough, may not be used in conjunction with mucolytic means;
- antipyretics (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol) used in the presence of high temperature (above 38° C).
As physiological procedures in the treatment of bronchitis widely used:
- UHF and ultrasound;
- paraffin and ozocerite applications.
Inhalation is considered to be one of the most effective methods of treatment of bronchitis in any form. The therapeutic effect is achieved due to the direct effects of therapeutic drugs on the inflammatory area. Inhalation reduces sputum viscosity, improve its excretion from the bronchi and eliminate the inflammation.
In the treatment of bronchitis used several types of inhalations:
- steam-based licorice root, eucalyptus leaves, chamomile, peppermint, yarrow, St. John's wort, etc.;
- heat and humidity with the addition of mineral salts, herbal, antibiotics and mucolytics;
- wet-based aerosols are used in cases when for any reasons to use steam and thermomoist inhalations is not recommended).
Therapeutic exercisesmassages bronchitis have the following useful properties:
- increase overall body and increase its resistance to harmful microorganisms;
- enhance gas exchange in the bronchi;
- create favorable conditions for the use of drugs;
- improve blood circulation;
- restores tissue elasticity, and prevent their atrophy, so that the person after recovery will be able to return to normal life.
As massage at home, you can perform a light tapping on the back in the region of the bronchi, and breathing exercises - blowing air through a straw in a glass of water or popping balloons.
Proper nutrition for bronchitis
Along with food into the human body receives everything necessary for its normal functioning and maintenance of the immune system trace elements. Therefore, nutrition in the treatment of viral bronchitis should be correct and balanced. Food should be energy dense and contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals. To eat fractionally, that is to be eaten in small portions 5-6 times a day.
In viral bronchitis, it is recommended to use:
- dairy products (normalize the intestinal microflora, which is important when receiving medication);
- fresh fruits and vegetables strengthen the immune system and increase the tone);
- honey (reduces inflammation and improves removal of phlegm from the bronchi);
- warm liquid (milk, tea with raspberry, lemon, currants), which has antiviral and soothing effect;
- boiled meat and fish;
- meat and vegetable broths;
- milk porridge.
Thus it is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol and energy drinks that are causing increased blood pressure, eat spicy foods, excessively salty foods, various meats and conservation.
In any form of bronchitis, including viral, try to move less. Remember that all the forces of the body aimed at combating the virus, so the extra burden may only exacerbate the situation and delay the healing process. Try not to go outside especially in the cold season. It is recommended daily (morning and evening) to ventilate the room of a child or adult.