Symptoms of catarrhal sinusitis and its treatment
Paranasal sinuses of the person have special openings through which mucus is excreted. The mucous membrane of the sinus may swell, and there is a catarrhal sinusitis. This disease is inflammatory in nature.
In normal condition of the maxillary sinus should be filled with air. Their main functions are the following:
- to form a nasal breathing;
- form a resonance in the formation of the voice;
- to form the sense of smell.
Sinusitis are classified as follows:
1. For the duration of the disease:
2. The nature of inflammation:
The occurrence of sinusitis
The development of the disease predispose to the following factors: vasomotor rhinitis, adenoids, deviated septum of the nose, hypertrophy of the nasal opening, dental caries, chronic tonsillitis.
Under the influence of infection takes place swelling of the mucous membranes of the maxillary sinus. They are located between the eyeballs and teeth. Sheath thicken the amount of mucus secretion is increased. Its outflow is hindered, begins to develop catarrhal sinusitis. It is due only to the presence of viruses.
If not treated, will be joined by bacteria. In the sinuses will start the formation of pus. Sinusitis goes into the stage of purulent diseases. The wrong treatment will lead to recurrence of the disease. With time it will become chronic.
Diagnosis of sinusitis
The diagnosis is in the clinic on the basis of laboratory-instrumental researches. The main method is the radiography of the maxillary sinuses. The doctor sees what is happening in the axils of the changes, which point to sinusitis. This allows you to exclude the beginning purulent. Computed tomography is also performed for this purpose.
Effective method of diagnosis is the endoscopic examination of the sinuses. In advanced cases, is performed puncture of the maxillary sinus. The obtained pus undergoes bacteriological investigation established the cause of the disease.
General blood analysis can detect inflammatory changes in bacterial sinusitis, when symptoms of intoxication (weakness, headache, lack of appetite).
The treatment of the disease
Methods for the treatment of sinusitis depends on the cause of the disease. Catarrhal sinusitis often develops on the background of respiratory diseases, but has the followingreasons:
- pathology anatomic structure of the nasal cavity;
- a deviated septum of the nose, expanding the lower shells;
- a weakened immune system;
- inflammation on the background of allergies.
Can one inflamed sinus, or both. In this case, the treatment will be longer.
Acute catarrhal sinusitis has a significantly pronounced signs. Intense pain, high fever, disturbance of health always accompany this disease. The acute form is accompanied by abundant mucous discharge from the nose. They can be transparent or greenish, but always with an unpleasant odor.
The treatment is to relieve swelling of the mucous membranes of the nose and the restoration of patency of air through the nasal passages. Assigned to: antihistamine and vasoconstrictor drugs, antipyretic drugs, and immunomodulators. The antibiotics the patient will obtain the bacterial infections, antiviral are prescribed for viral infections.
To drain sinuses are applied sinus catheters. Can be performed the lumbar puncture to administration of antibiotics.
High performance physiotherapy:
- UVR (ultraviolet irradiation).
It happens that a patient can have only with the help of surgical intervention. Surgeons perform a sinus puncture, using a special needle. In a separate (running) cases performed a complex surgery hamartoma.
Treatment at home
To cure sinusitis you can own. There are many recipes for the treatment of sinusitis. Some of them:
- Take equal proportions of potato juice, honey and blue bow. Instilled into the nose during the day. The nasopharynx rinse with water to which is added salt and beet juice.
- In a container put 3 Bay leaves, cover them with water, bring to a boil. Warm broth to soak natural cloth and put it on the bottom of the forehead and nose. During the cooling wipes to change it will have on new. So it is necessary to do 6 days before bed.
- In a Cup of boiling water add a teaspoon of tincture of propolis. To cover with a thick towel and breathe the steam.
- Black radish RUB on a grater, to put a little on a bandage and apply on the nose. Keep 10 minutes. To do the procedure before bedtime.
Treatment sinusitis often requires a lot of time.
In winter and autumn sinusitis can give an exacerbation.
You will need to repeat the treatment. It is necessary to remember about prevention,to prevent the occurrence of respiratory diseases in a timely manner to sanitize the chronic foci of infection in the body to avoid hypothermia.