Which better helps with sinusitis?
Modern treatment for sinusitis can be effective in preventing relapses of this disease. Time performed procedure will help to avoid the need for puncture.
Sinusitis is characterized as acute inflammatory process in the maxillary sinus bone wall, the mucous membrane of the upper regions of the paranasal sinuses. In this disease there is swelling of the mucosa in the maxillary sinuses fill with mucus, inflammation develops. It can occur in an acute form as the result of acute rhinitis and chronic (resulting in the absence of timely treatment or in the presence of frequent colds and infectious nature).
General information about the disease
The symptoms of the disease:
- severe pain in frontal part of the head (at least - in other parts of the head);
- severe toothache;
- shortness of breath;
- pain in the maxillary sinuses.
The causes of this disease are:
- infectious process, which goes from the nose or using the the circulation of blood in the maxillary sinus;
- complications of influenza, the common cold, SARS;
- launched Allergy;
- abnormalities in the structure of the nose;
- inflammatory processes in the upper tooth row;
If the disease is mild, is assigned to a therapy with medicines and folk remedies. But if the disease goes into heavy, without surgical intervention (perforation) can not do. Cure for the disease assigned to the complex, to therapy topical agents are added antibacterial agents for the treatment of sinusitis (drops and tablets). They promote fast recovery.
The main goals of therapy
Since sinusitis is a difficult disease to treat it in several ways:
- it is necessary to achieve the reduction of swelling in the maxillary sinuses;
- withdraw purulent secretion from the inflamed sinuses;
- to reduce the pressure and eliminate the pain;
- to expose the destruction of bacterial infection;
- not to give to form scars.
The duration of treatment of the disease in each case (may be a few days, and sometimes more than one week). It affects the course of the disease and resistance of the organism of the sick person. Doctors often prescribe medication, which are caused by different ways:
- antibacterial agents are prescribed to reduce the infectious process;
- decongestant to decrease swelling of the mucous membrane;
- analgesicsto relieve pain;
- mucolytics are assigned when the sinusitis to drain mucus;
- corticosteroids are prescribed for reducing inflammation.
With the help of the complex drugs to defeat a disease, such as sinusitis. These medications provide a comprehensive treatment that allows to recover fully from sinusitis, which occurs in light and medium form.
The use of antibiotic therapy
Such agents are appointed for the suppression of the infectious agent of sinusitis. These medications are used only in the treatment of sinusitis bacterial forms. If you self-medicate and take antibiotics uncontrollably, we can feel only the side effects, so as you can't know what your form of sinusitis and its stage.
The bacteria that cause sinusitis, sensitive to medicines containing amoxicillin.
The most commonly used in bacterial sinusitis medicines include:
- amoxil (amoxicillin);
- flemoksin soljutab.
Used analogues of these drugs with the same efficiency. The use of drugs does not depend on food intake. The dosage and duration of therapy must be prescribed by a doctor depending on how severe is the disease, what is its form, the patient's age and other factors. In the case of repeated manifestations of chronic sinusitis, the doctor may increase the dosage of the drugs.
If the sinusitis is caused by any kind of fungus or virus, antibiotics are not assigned. In this case, apply anti-fungal and anti-virus.
The purpose of the preparations against edema
The main objective of such funds is the elimination or reduction of swelling of the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinuses. Today the range of such products is very diverse. The most common remedies recommended by doctors are:
The result of using such tools is the narrowing of blood vessels. With the help of this process is reduced blood flow to the nasal passages. In this regard, such drugs against sinusitis eliminate or reduce nasal congestion. These drugs are used according to the instructions depending on the age of the patient.
The use of decongestants assets is carried out in the treatment of sinusitis in any form of flow.
They are the most effective in the treatment of allergic sinusitis.
Use of analgesics andmucolytics
Such agents are appointed in connection with the fact that sinusitis is almost always accompanied by painful sensations. The most common are headaches, dental pain, pain in the area of the maxillary sinuses. Often can increase the body temperature. To relieve the main symptoms of using such funds:
By accepting these funds, strictly follow doctor's instructions regarding their dosages and combination with other medicaments. Analgesics have a number of contraindications, so they are not used in individuals younger than 20 years (in the treatment of sinusitis), not assigned for use over a week.
Drugs that help to remove mucus and reduce congestion, are called mucolytics. Their effectiveness lies in the fact that with the help of active ingredients (they are the basis of these drugs) influences the mucus and thinning of blood, facilitating its removal from the maxillary sinuses and nose.
The purpose of these preparations is carried out in complex therapy of the disease. The most common mucolytics with sinusitis are:
Release form of these medications - drops or syrup. They are used according to the instructions.
The use of corticosteroids
These drugs are used to reduce inflammation in the mucous membrane of the sinuses and nose. For the treatment of sinusitis, they are used in the form of sprays or for inhalation. Corticosteroids act on the immune system. The period of use is limited, as can occur side effects.
The most frequent causes of their purpose:
- if other therapies do not bring the desired result;
- if there are severe swelling and inflammation;
- if the nose has polyps.
These medications facilitate the flow of sinusitis, with bacterial and viral origin, and allergic sinusitis. They are able to quickly treat the disease by eliminating inflammation. But they should be used only as prescribed by doctor.
What drops are best to drip into the nose?
The range of such products is quite wide and you can choose the right drug:
- Sinuforte. The composition contains cyclamen, which has anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effect. Drops help to normalize the blood circulation, reduce the viscosity of secretion. With their help it is possible to carry out complex therapy of the disease.
- Polideksa. It is a combined preparation, which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Vasoconstrictor drops. Helpto facilitate the breathing process, used for no more weeks.
- Antibacterial drops. The form of release of such means the spray. The most popular are a drop izofra. They have a bactericidal effect. They should not be used longer than the appointed time so as not to provoke the deterioration of the microflora in the nose.
This disease, like sinusitis, is treated comprehensively used drops that effectively cope with the main symptoms of the disease, tablets, syrups, injections. Timely use of all means appointed by the doctor, helps to cure sinusitis completely and not allow it to go into complex or chronic form.