As usual course of the flu and how to treat it?
In order to understand how is the flu, you need to know more about this disease. Influenza is an acute infectious respiratory disease. It is caused by the influenza virus. It is very contagious and is transmitted from an infected to a healthy person. Once in the body, the influenza virus causes the development of the disease.
Characteristics of the disease
The seasonal flu is considered a disease. Flu epidemic in medical practice rampant mainly in the cold season: late fall, winter, early spring. The disease affects all people regardless of age and race. Flu the breadth of its distribution may cover a few major regions.
The first mention of the flu appeared many centuries ago. Officially, the causative agent was established in 1931. Identification occurred in 1933 Virus group was opened and registered in 1936, the Virus groups in 1947.
Virus group And is considered to be a disease with more complex form of gravity. They can get sick like people and animals. When this virus develop serious epidemics and pandemics (the coverage of the disease in the whole country).
The virus group is characterized by the outbreak of the disease in several regions. He may be a threshold of virus And or be identical to it. Found only in humans.
The flu virus With a hitherto little studied, is of special interest in medicine. Occurs in very mild or virtually no symptoms. Occurs only in human society, and leaves no health effects and not widespread.
The disease is quickly and easily transmitted by airborne droplets method. A person with the flu talks, sneezes, coughs, it allocates airborne particles of mucus, saliva. They carry a painful microorganisms, including flu viruses. Thus, the patient creates around itself a contagious space with a diameter of 3 m. a Healthy person infected with influenza through contact with this space or through household items.
About how is the flu
At hit of a virus in the mucosa of the Airways begins its immediate penetration into the bloodstream. The bloodstream then carries the virus throughout the body. The result is a General intoxication. Defenses are unable to fulfill adequately their functions. The influenza virus exerts its negative effect on the heart, brain, blood vessels, joints, muscles.
The patient poses a threat of infection in the first 5 days after symptoms early signs of the disease. Light and medium degree of severity of the disease can be treated inhome. Recovery occurs usually after 6-7 days. Bad case of the flu takes longer, it is better to treat in the hospital.
For flu has the common symptoms are: fever, intoxication, muscle aches, headache, chills, cough, malaise and weakness. Now more about each symptom:
- The first symptom of the disease - fever. The fever manifests itself with such force that it cannot appease. Is terminated only after the fall of temperature.
- A sudden strong rise in temperature up to 40 ° C indicates the beginning of the intoxication of the whole organism. In this regard, there has been a sharp deterioration of the patient.
- The cough is mostly dry, it indicates the penetration of the inflammatory process in the lower respiratory tract - the bronchi. Cough accompanied by pain behind the breastbone.
- Pain in the joints and muscles are also signs of intoxication occur in the first days of the disease.
- Malaise, weakness, lethargy patient, desire to sleep constantly - all this is a natural reaction to the development of the disease due to a significant decrease in the protective forces of the immune system.
- Headaches are the companions of intoxication and can talk about the deterioration of the disease process and the impact of the virus on the occurrence of sinusitis, sinusitis. Pain in the head are usually dull in nature, aggravated by movements of the head or eyes.
Other signs that characterize the disease: decreased gustatory function and the perception of odors, involuntary discharge of tears, an unhealthy gleam in the eyes, noise or hum in the ears, dizziness, aggravated reaction to bright light, noise, white patches on lips and tongue, cracks at the corners of the lips, increased blood pressure, shortness hot breath, the rhythm of the amplified pulse and heartbeat. Diagnosis of influenza holds the attending physician based on the patient survey, complaints, and accompanying disease symptoms.
The treatment of the disease
The treatment of this disease is to comply with certain recommendations in conjunction with the designated therapy.
The essence of the recommendations is as follows:
- In any case it is impossible to bring the temperature down if it does not exceed 38 degrees. The occurrence of such a temperature is a natural protective reaction of the organism, which stimulates the production of endogenous interferon and antibodies, which allows the body to fight the virus.
- You need to drink plenty of warm fluids. Toxins and other harmful substances will not stagnate in the body - theywill appear through urine and sweat.
- You need to wear a gauze bandage to protect others from the virus.
- Be sure to stay in bed at least during those periods when the temperature rises.
- In the first days of disease onset, need to take antiviral drugs, particularly the flu. The adoption of such drugs in the days that followed, brings to the therapeutic effect.
- If the temperature rose above 38 degrees and holds the patient has a fever, you need to take antipyretics: Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, or drugs made on the basis of these substances.
- When cold and required vasoconstrictor nose drops, as well as oxolinic ointment.
- A dry cough is treated with cough medicines: Bronholitin Bromhexine.
- Wet cough is treated with drugs such as Mukaltin, licorice root, Alteyka.
- Definitely need to gargle with special solutions furatsilina, potassium permanganate, baking soda and salt.
- It is recommended to do warm foot baths.
- Shows the use of ascorbic acid, antihistamines, vitamin and mineral complexes.
Folk remedies against influenza
- Very good for the body to make a decoction of rose hips, tea with raspberry or honey, lime tea.
- It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamin C. This citrus fruit, kiwis, cranberry, sauerkraut.
- It will be useful on a piece of sugar lump sugar to drip propolis tincture and slowly dissolve it in my mouth. Or put a piece of propolis in your mouth and keep overnight.
- Get rid of the cough to help the common radish. It should be cut into thin slices, sprinkle them with sugar. Liberated juice take 1 tablespoon every hour. Or grate the radish on a grater, squeeze the juice and stir in honey. Take the resulting mixture 2 tablespoons before meals.
- To help protective forces of an organism it is recommended to eat onions, garlic. Can crushed garlic mixed with honey and take it at night in the amount of 1 tablespoon.
- To relieve runny nose, cough, you need to do steam inhalation from infusions of herbs: mint, chamomile, sage, St. John's wort, calendula, rosemary, pine buds.
Prevention of the disease
The primary method of preventing influenza is annual vaccination. It is preferably carried out in the autumn, the earlier the date of the vaccine is not recommended, as the effect of vaccination lasts no more than 6 months.
You also need to observe personal hygiene: wash hands thoroughly with soap and water. During epidemics should be 2 times a day to wash the nasal cavity with a soap solution. This contributes to the leaching of harmful organisms,caught in the nose with the inhaled air.
The dwelling must be washed with the addition of disinfectants. It is advisable to limit visits to public places during epidemics.
It is not recommended to get in touch with someone with the flu, especially if it is a stranger. Need to strengthen the immune system by hardening of the body, taking vitamins, eating fresh fruits and vegetables.