What should be the prevention of influenza during pregnancy?
What is prevention of flu during pregnancy? This question is of interest to many women. The complex of preventive measures plays an important role in this period of a woman's life, so it should be approached with full responsibility. In pregnant women the level of interferon is greatly reduced, and the immune system weakens, therefore, in the period of epidemic acute respiratory diseases they are at risk.
Preventive measures against the flu
In early pregnancy, any infection can cause serious complications.
The treatment process is complicated by the fact that many medicines are contraindicated during pregnancy.
Events during the epidemic of influenza and SARS:
- Dress warmly to prevent hypothermia.
- To refrain from walking in the fresh air, to prevent contamination to use a mask in public places and on the street.
- Observe the rules of personal hygiene when washing hands, apply antibacterial soap, after street to rinse soda solution or herbal decoction.
- Excellent prophylactic against SARS is considered to be the wiping hands with antibacterial gel ("Sterillium").
- To enrich the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- To find vitamins to strengthen the immune system.
- Daily do wet cleaning and airing the room for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Apply to prevent oxolinic ointment or instill in a nose aloe juice.
A pregnant woman should be healthy and sound sleep at least 9 hours a day. Try to protect themselves from the stress.
Humid air is considered to be the key to success in the preventive purposes. In winter, the air under the action of heating appliances becomes dry. You can use a humidifier or put on the radiator a wet cloth.
At the first symptoms of a cold or flu, you must consult a doctor.
Medical devices for the prevention of disease
The choice of drugs should be approached responsibly, as not all drugs are allowed for pregnant women. Contraindicated medications containing ethyl alcohol or antibiotics. Synthetic immunomodulators are also dangerous for pregnant women.
Secure means that will help to protect yourself from infection:
- Grippferon is a medical drug that is available in the form of nasal drops. Usedas a preventive measure against the flu, improves immunity and has anti-viral effect. Can protect against the common cold, SARS and flu.
- Ascorbic acid was adopted to replenish the vitamin C that strengthens the immune system and increase the body's resistance to colds.
- Viferon ointment for the nose that is assigned in the preventive purposes. Can be used at any stage of pregnancy.
- Akvamaris moisturizes the nasal mucosa, reduces the risk of infection in the body. Available in the idea drops and spray.
Folk prevention tips
Inhalation is considered to be an effective prophylactic against colds. Effective inhalation with essential oils. To conduct them in a pan with hot water and drip a few drops of menthol, eucalyptus or fir essential oil, cover head with a towel and breathe over the steam for 10 to 15 minutes. You can apply for inhalation nebulizer, portable ultrasonic nebulizer.
For inhalation used chamomile teas, solutions of baking soda and garlic. Useful to breathe over pairs of hot potatoes boiled in their skins. When high body temperature is in any case impossible to conduct inhalation.
Gargling using infusions of calendula, eucalyptus, sage. This procedure will relieve pain in the throat, will prevent the ingress of infection in the respiratory system.
A good cold remedy is hot milk with honey or onions. The honey added just before use, boil onion in milk, cool and drink. These means to cure a cold in its initial stages. Milk helps to strengthen the body, while honey and onions help to moisten dry cough and thereby improve the General condition.
Self-medication during pregnancy is absolutely contraindicated. If the disease is not prevented, you need to call the local doctor on the house. In this period you should avoid crowded places, queues to prevent new infection and thus complicate the course of the disease.
When calling a doctor is necessary:
- At elevated body temperature, which subsides over three days.
- If you experience tiredness and fatigue, feeling of weakness.
- If breathing is difficult, the appearance of dry or wet barking cough.
- At a constant headache.
During epidemics of SARS and influenza should be especially careful and to avoid contamination, as this may adversely affect the health of the future baby. Clean air, proper nutrition, observance of measures of prevention - the keyhealth.