What is the specific prophylaxis of influenza?
Specific prophylaxis of influenza has one goal - to protect the body from disease. The main techniques include the use of various types of vaccines up to the time until the disease.
Only vaccination creates immunity, through which the body becomes immune to the disease. The viruses that will get into the body, receive their portion of the antibody, due to this, the vaccinated person can communicate with the patient, but he will not get sick.
The main purpose of influenza vaccination is creating immunity in the population (group of people with high resistance to the flu). A vaccine to prevent the disease among children and adults to 95%. It is well specific prophylaxis reduces morbidity and mortality due to influenza epidemics.
The main characterizing moments
Infection of flu is to some extent manageable. Immunization against it is carried out every year. The need for annual vaccination is associated with specific features of this virus that changed unique and has the property of escaping from the immunity of the person.
The immune system adapts only those viruses that have been circulating in a particular epidemic season. In the following season, changes in the structure of viruses, not ulavlivajushhij the human immune system. Hence there is a need to amend the composition of the vaccine. Adjustment of the vaccine is carried out annually by the who based on the circulation of influenza virus strains around the world.
Annually in each region on the basis of observations of the epidemic situation and morbidity among the population determines the timing for the vaccine and those groups of persons who are targeted for vaccination mandatory. So you need to listen to the professionals, as the effectiveness of immunization directly depends on how timely it was held.
Special attention should be given to vaccination of individuals who have a very high risk of occupational infection from the animals (pigs, chickens, ducks). This is due to the fact that the need for prevention among those who have the flu, which is caused by a new variant of the virus is a reassortant. Compliance with such tactics allows time to terminate the epidemic process and prevent the appearance of viruses, which, in turn, could cause a flu pandemic.
Doctors who make plans for the prevention of influenza and SARS (self-vaccination against influenza plans mass vaccination), must take into account certainparticular vaccines. When there is selection, you need to remember the age of the grafting of contraindications to the administration of the vaccine, the ease of use (this includes both form and application method ), and also about such important aspects as price, which should be available to everyone.
Flu vaccines stimulate local and cellular immunity in the gate of infection. Live flu vaccine (FETS), which are administered intranasal (via the nasal mucosa), do not lead to excess stimulation of the immune system. This should be considered in individuals who have already a very high level of protective antibodies against the virus.
In response to the penetration of microbes into the body is formed of antibodies is a natural defense mechanism of the body against infection. This mechanism develops throughout a person's life. There is therefore nothing unusual when a small portion of the infection enters the body in order to form a supply of antibodies.
On the generation of antibodies against the flu takes about 7-10 days.
That is why a sick man is recovering from 7 days of illness and only to 10 day fully recovering. But the problem is that in the 7 days, as the virus develops, it can inflict great harm.
Experts have proven that the optimum immunization of the adult population with a frequency of once a year for 2-3 years (with a further interval of 3 years).
All vaccinations (this also applies to vaccination against influenza) must be entered in a special certificate of preventive vaccinations (f. 156/u-93), issued by the institution, conducting immunization campaigns. Persons who have been vaccinated must store the document and to provide it with further vaccinations.
Can occur and a pandemic is an epidemic that is characterized by the spread of infectious diseases throughout the country, and in some cases around the world. Therefore, if there is a risk of a pandemic, the tactics of the immunization against influenza virus changes significantly. Two-time vaccination with the new vaccine which contains a specific pandemic vaccine strain recommended by who, will be subject to a large part of the population. In this emergency vaccination is carried out in the shortest possible time.
To minimize the disease, it is recommended that, before the epidemic and during it):
- Take vitamins (especially C), but do not increase the dose and drink throughout the winter season. You should also take foods with a high content of vitamin C: the syrup and decoction of rose hips, onions, garlic, citrus.
- Daily walks on the street are one of the important aspects of prevention of viral infections. The inhalation of fresh air, muscle activity, the sun's rays is a good immune stimulant.
- Tempering is an important aspect of acute respiratory infections and influenza. The immune system also needs exercise, but you need not to overdo it. Basic teeth brushing and washing your face with cool water, walk through the apartment without Slippers, sleep with an open window - good methods of hardening.
- Stimulation of the immune system. For this purpose different preparations, the task of which is to increase the body's resistance to various colds. But before taking medications or herbal need to consult with your doctor.
With regard to the period of mass diseases:
- You should avoid crowds, limit trips to public transport, less to touch different surfaces.
- If the work involves people, then you need to wear a protective mask. The emphasis should be that the mask, not handkerchiefs, which won't protect from penetration of the virus. What mask will help to protect the body from diseases such as SARS and influenza.
- It is important to regularly wash hands with soap and water.
- The house should be wet cleaning with plain water, without the excessive use of disinfectants.
If you follow all the above recommendations, it is possible to avoid disease and to stay healthy and in good spirits. And no matter what is used: specific or nonspecific prevention of influenza and SARS, the purpose of them, despite the challenges, one is to protect the body from the occurrence of the disease. Be healthy!