What are the drugs for the treatment of vasomotor rhinitis?
Vasomotor rhinitis, treatment, drugs for treatment of this disease - these problems are of interest to many people. Vasomotor rhinitis is a chronic rhinitis that occurs at first glance, for unexplained reasons. The disease is a dysregulation of the functioning of blood vessels. When vasomotor rhinitis excessive activity progresses under the influence of a variety of non-specific external and internal factors. Thus, the adverse microflora of the mucous with the development of this form of rhinitis does not actually play a big role.
Causes of vasomotor rhinitis
The nose and turbinate of a person perform a very important function - the flow of air in the human body, the existence of which is impossible without proper and unhindered breathing. Typically, the disease is not considered particularly dangerous, however, its presence in a person can cause any other diseases and no doubt gives a person a lot of discomfort, affects his health and efficiency.
Signals the presence of rhinitis often occur under the influence of any minor provoking factor for external healthy person.
Gradually developing, the disease affects the nasal mucosa: it thickens and actively produces a large amount of mucous secretion.
The most common sources of vasomotor rhinitis are:
- Medications. In most cases, the occurrence of rhinitis patients in huge doses use vasoconstrictor drops and sprays, believing that it will rid them of unpleasant symptoms. However, this implies only a tolerance to the drug and further increase in dose means against the cold. This happens due to the fact that the mucous membrane of the nose loses the ability to self-regulate the tone of blood vessels. Often a similar effect is evident when taking other medications (antidepressants, funds from hypertension, anti-inflammatory drugs).
- Hormonal changes, increase in estrogen levels has a direct impact on the possible development of rhinitis in adolescents and pregnant women.
- Neurocirculatory (vegetative) dystonia. The main symptom of this disease is a disorder of regulation of a tone of all blood vessels in the body including in the nasal turbinates.
- Pathology of the nasopharynx. Growths, growths in the nasal turbinates can lead to greater production of mucus. To solve the problem of rhinitis in this specific case only if operationalintervention.
The symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis
Symptomatic manifestations of this type of rhinitis are born under the influence of changes in vascular tone and edema of the mucosal surface of the turbinates. In accordance with the factor that actually provokes rhinitis, will be different and the clinical picture of the disease. All forms characterized by such symptoms:
- Nasal congestion (in most cases happens only in one nostril).
- Bulk mucus from the nasal passages.
- Itchy nose and sneezing.
- The pressure in the nose area.
- Abundant contact with mucus from the nose into the throat.
After these signs appear and their side effects:
- shortness of breath;
- redness of the eyelids and profuse lacrimation;
- dryness of membranes of the lips, as in rhinitis the person is breathing mainly through the mouth;
- pallor of the skin;
- the deterioration of the sense of smell;
- voice changing;
- negative impact on mental activity (mostly in children);
It is also worth noting that the increase in the symptomatic manifestations of runny nose can be affected by the following factors:
- weather conditions;
- the sharp smell;
- emotions, stress, nervous shock;
- the use of alcohol and drugs;
- overly spicy or hot food.
Experts distinguish 4 stages of the emergence of signs of disease:
- The first stage is characterized by episodic worsening of symptoms. That is, in everyday situations the common cold does not manifest itself, but under the influence of external factors (hypothermia, sharp odor) may occur temporarily increased. If a patient with vasomotor rhinitis is not getting proper treatment, then comes the second phase of the disease.
- In the second stage, the seizures continued and worsened. Breath almost all the time is difficult, suffers from smelling, and help vasoconstrictors, which had previously produced significant effects.
- The third and fourth phases of the disease are characterized by the occurrence in the nasal passages polyps, widening and seal. At this stage, the nose becomes permanent. It is noted partial loss of smell, possible manifestations of bronchial asthma.
Incompetent or untimely treatment vasomotor rhinitis can lead to chronic diseases or to complications that are associated with the ENT-organs.
Possible complications of this disease:
- polyps in the nasal cavity;
- the otitis.
Doctors say that the main danger of this form of rhinitis is not breathing normally, which subsequently can lead to frequent and prolonged diseases of respiratory system (snoring, bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma and others).
Diagnosis of vasomotor rhinitis
Usually, the doctor-otolaryngologist puts such a diagnosis based on the patient's complaints and examination of the nasal passages. During diagnosis the technician it is important to determine whether the rhinitis is the cause of allergies.
And so the doctor can use to research such methods of diagnosis of the disease:
- the rhinoscopy;
- blood test;
- run scratch tests skin;
- computed tomography (with signs of polyps);
- x-rays of the sinuses.
Treatment vasomotor rhinitis medication
How to treat a runny nose? For medical treatment often use these drugs:
- Vasoconstrictors (“Nazol”, “Naphazoline”, “Otrivin”, “Expra” and others) will help eliminate clogged nasal passages.
- Antihistamines (Diazolin”, “loratadine”, “claritin”, “Histonet”, “Allergodil” and others) will relieve the itching, sneezing and increased mucus.
- Corticosteroids (“Nasacort”, “Eldarin” and others) are the most gentle means, they will help to relieve the symptoms of rhinitis.
Traditional treatment vasomotor rhinitis
In the treatment of rhinitis can also help some simple and time-tested methods of folk medicine. One of them is washing the nose with saline solution. For the preparation should be diluted in warm water 1 tsp. salt. Rinse your nose 3-5 times a day.
The other method is nasal lavage with infusion of calendula. To prepare, pour a glass of boiled water 1 tsp. of herb.
Peppermint tea also can help in the fight against disease. For tea, pour 1 tbsp. l. plants 0.5 liters of boiling water, let it brew and drink 3-4 times a day.