How to cure chronic runny nose?
If there is chronic rhinitis how to cure it? To start treatment, you need to understand what this disease is. Chronic rhinitis, or rhinitis, is a continuous inflammatory process that takes place in the nasal mucosa and resulting from exposure to microbes and the environment.
There are several causes of chronic rhinitis:
- coryza frequently repeated;
- injuries of the nose the septum;
- congenital defects of the nose;
- persistent irritants (odors, dust, smoke, noxious fumes);
- environmental factors: cold, hot, dry, wet air;
- allergic reaction;
- long-term drug therapy;
- other diseases of the nose;
- a foreign body in the nose (piercing);
- poor circulation, comorbidities of body systems, neurology, constipation, hypertension, etc.).
The types of chronic rhinitis
There are several types of rhinitis:
- Atrophic. There is thinning of the nasal mucosa, secretes mucus that forms in the drying of the crust, making breathing difficult. May be a partial loss of smell. Itchy, dry nose and throat.
- Vasomotor. There are such symptoms: sneezing, severe isolation, and difficulty breathing. They appear because of dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system. Such rhinitis causes sleep disturbance, poor health.
- Hypertrophic. The mucous membrane expands and makes it difficult to breath, there could be a closure of the nasal passages, you experience uncontrolled tearing.
- Catarrhal. Congestion usually happens in one half of the nose. Reasonable allocation can be replaced by thick purulent during exacerbation. Shortness of breath may to complete and re-start when changing temperature.
- Allergic. Nose burning and itching, appear watery discharge, sneezing. This type of rhinitis can be constant (reaction to dust, fur, smoke) or seasonal (response to flowering).
The treatment of rhinitis
The main task - to restore the function of the mucous membrane, to cure the common cold, and this should disarm harmful bacteria and stop their reproduction.
Well this will help “Pinosol” and “Protargol”. You can wash the nose with hydrogen peroxide, then lay the tampons with Vishnevsky ointment. To strengthen the body prescribe vitamin b, stimulates the immune “Interferon”,“Viferon”, “Accompanied By Seizures”. In allergic rhinitis use “Zodak”, “Cetirizine”, “Zyrtec”, “claritin”, “Telfast”, “Tavegil” and other drugs. Abundant liquid discharge, and nasal congestion resolve with vasoconstrictor drugs such as “ksimelin”, “Nazivin”, “Glycine”, “Naphazoline”, “Sanorin”. In advanced forms of antibiotics. But not worth much to get involved with drugs, because often the long-term use of medications is the reason why developing chronic rhinitis.
It is possible to treat chronic rhinitis in the home. Here are some recipes:
- From inflammation and puffiness mix 1 tbsp lemon juice 3 tbsp water. Bury 5 drops in each nostril.
- Beet juice bury 2 drops in each nostril.
- Med helps the inflammation. Lubricated with a cotton swab the nose as deeply as possible.
- From infection rinse the nose with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- To relieve inflammation used the infusion of volchnik, diluted with water in proportion 1:5.
- The calendula tincture (20 drops) are added to the salt water and buried in the nose for two weeks.
There are two types of treatment: General and local treatment of chronic rhinitis. When local treatment facilities operate on the nasal mucosa. Local assets include drops, ointments, which are divided into anti-allergic, sklerosiruuschem, moisturizing and anti-inflammatory. To the General attitude of stimulating the immune system, strengthen and vitamins. How to get rid of chronic cold?
To cure chronic runny nose will help inhalation. The duration of inhalation - 5 to 10 minutes, for best effect you need to spend a minimum of 9 procedures.
- Eucalyptus. In 1 liter of brew 2 tablespoons of eucalyptus leaves. Breathe over the steam.
- Raspberry calendula. 20 g of raspberry leaves to brew 200 ml of boiling water, 10 g of calendula flowers brew in the same amount. Mix (use 70 ml per one inhalation) and breathing.
- Plantain. 10 g plantain leaves pour 200 ml of boiling water, let stand, warm up, breathing steam.
- Using essential oils. You can use oils of silver fir, St. John's wort. Takes a few drops per Cup of boiling water.
- With propolis. In boiling water add 5% propolis solution in a ratio of 1:2.
Before starting treatment be sure to consult your otolaryngologist will also need to consult a immunologist.