The symptoms of squamous cell lung cancer and its treatment
Squamous cell lung cancer is a malignant tumor that can develop in any region of the respiratory system. This disease has a moderate distribution and not very comforting forecasts. But if the time to identify the disease, the chances of recovery increase significantly.
The etiology of the disease
The disease of this nature is formed from the cells of the flat epithelium. The right lung suffers from this disease more often of the left, and the area of lesion usually affects the upper lobes. For the development of this form of the disease requires a few years. If the disease began to develop more intensively, it is not limited to one area or share easily. This files most often neglected form of squamous cell carcinoma increases the incidence of metastasis to other body systems.
Oncological diseases, particularly affecting the lungs, is dangerous to humans, the fact that they are discovered at late stages. According to statistics, men suffer from this disease more often than the fairer sex. Moreover, experts have noticed a particular pattern: after 60 years, the disease occurs more often than after 30.
The prognosis is not always positive, as quite often it is detected at later stages of development. Besides the cancer on the x-ray is similar to a number of other no less dangerous pathologies, which complicates the survey process and stopping quickly to make the correct diagnosis.
Squamous cell carcinoma of the lung brings together the multiple etiologies of malignant tumors, therefore its diagnosis is quite difficult. The disease may differ greatly and Express themselves in different ways. This disease has the distinction depending on the place of his education:
- Central squamous cell carcinoma. This type of disease is detected in most patients. It basically sits in equity or intermediate region of the bronchi. The disease is most often found in the development of pneumonia or abscess. The symptoms of this cancer are undefined.
- Peripheral type of cancer. The tumor appears in the segmental bronchi region or in its separate fractions. General symptomatic picture is vague, which is hidden under chronic manifestations. This form makes itself felt in the period of occurrence of metastases.
- Large-scale or massive. Combines the first two together.
Squamous cell lung cancer usually spreads over a large area. In the early stages of its development the tumor converts the healthy cells of lung tissue in cancer. Therefore, the total forecast was made onthe basis of the variety of education, its pace of development and the emergence of the consequences of metastases.
How does squamous cell carcinoma?
Squamous cell cancer type usually develops very slowly.
So most of the symptoms are vague and expressed by the painting. Because of this, early diagnosis is practically impossible, and often detection of the disease in the early stages of its formation happens by accident. The most characteristic symptoms of this disease think:
- the sharp decline of body weight;
- the presence of wheezing, unusual shortness of breath;
- the appearance of cough and its duration;
- the occurrence of purulent foul-smelling sputum (later found blood and mucus in sputum);
- common diseases of the lungs (pneumonia, pleurisy);
- Siplast voice and hoarse in the throat, if the disease affects the laryngeal region;
- deformation of the phalanges of fingers (they take the form of drum sticks).
In some situations, when cancer has a neglected appearance, may show signs characterized by the presence of metastases in other organs. Such symptoms include painful seizures and phenomena, which are typical disorders of specific organ systems. Therefore, the symptoms of lung cancer are very diverse.
Causes of lung cancer
The development of squamous cell carcinoma occurs under the influence of several factors:
- Smoking is the first cause of the development of cancer of the pulmonary system;
- high concentration of dust or small particles of various kinds, inhaled;
- infection some forms of harmful microorganisms;
- the development of diseases contracted in hazardous work because of inhalation of dust particles chemical and industrial type;
- the negative impact of the environment on the human body (radiation, noxious fumes);
- chronic diseases such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia;
- the elderly category of people is at risk for cancer;
- low living standards, poor nutrition, lack of vitamins;
- genetic predisposition to oncological diseases.
The nature of occurrence of oncological diseases is still not fully understood, but the most common reasons cited are listed above.
In addition, experts believe that life in big cities-Metropolitan areas due to the highair concentrations of harmful elements leads to the appearance of cancer.
To establish the diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma as any of its varieties, is not easy. The main problem of establishing the ailment is to identify symptoms of cancerous manifestations and not other related diseases.
For this reason, the pathology detected at later stages. At the first signs and suspicions of a specialist, the patient must undergo a series of studies to confirm or exclude the disease.
Diagnosis of the cancer work-up consists of the following methods:
- The x-ray shows the presence of various abnormalities in the lungs, but to confirm for sure that this cancers can not.
- X-ray helps to determine more precisely the spread of disease.
- Imaging of layer-by-layer x-ray allows the incision to determine the type of disease.
- CT using contrast agents can further define not only the location of the tumor, but show of its kind.
- Bronchoscopy to determine the presence of metastases in the bronchi and shows cancer cells in the lung.
- Thoracoscopy allows you to fully carry out all inspection of a cavity of the lung, examine the condition of the pleura and also take the analysis a small piece (biopsy). This research method most accurately determines the presence of cancer.
- Determination of the presence and spread of the disease using the tumor markers, CYFRA and SSC. This type of survey is carried out using the blood analysis on the content of antibodies, which are produced during the development of cancer cells.e
Diagnosis is complex, so an expert I'll try to choose several types of research at once, as all at the same time it is not necessary to use, but just one is impossible.
How to get rid of the disease?
To completely eliminate squamous cell carcinoma of the lung, it is necessary to go the hard way. Treatment of the disease consists of several types of therapy:
- Symptomatic treatment of the signs and symptoms manifested as a result of active dissemination of the disease.
- Radiation therapy and chemotherapy. The patient not only irradiated, but treated with medicines in tablet and injection form.
- Radiotherapy. With the help of radiation from radio waves is the destruction of cancers. This method differs from radiation therapy, as it is more accurate. A special device influences point the way to the affected area, thus not damaging healthy tissue.
- The operational method is used when others to measure yourselfpowerless, and their impact does not stop the development of tumors. But it can be done only if the cancer cells were weakened by chemotherapy.
Treatment depends on the stage and form of the disease.
The earlier the disease is diagnosed, the faster and painlessly pass therapy.
To make forecast for recovery specialists can, with a certain margin of error. According to their statistics, the patients with the first stage have 80% possibility of recovery, with the second stage only 40%, and third chances are not exceed 18%.