Prevention and treatment of intestinal flu
One of the most dangerous diseases of the gastrointestinal tract is the intestinal flu, treatment and prevention which is still being intuitive. The illness is actually influenza is not. A specific question about how to treat the stomach flu, is determined by the symptoms specific to each patient, and their severity.
Symptoms of rotavirus
Initially the symptoms of the intestinal flu have certain similarities with the usual food poisoning, namely:
- stomach cramps;
- ongoing diarrhea.
But there are some significant differences that is characteristic of rotavirus infection:
- diarrhea accompanied by nausea and vomiting;
- nausea and vomiting is preceded by slight malaise, characteristic of a cold - fever, cough, sore throat, which takes place during the day;
- the incubation period intestinal flu, after the preliminary symptoms of the common cold, depending on the source and characteristics of the immune system, can range from 16 hours to 5 days;
- the temperature rises to values above 38,0 - 38,5About;
- pain in the throat when swallowing, the throat becomes red.
The causes and sources of disease
The stomach flu can enter the body in the following ways:
- Through the mouth during ingestion or licking of products or objects on the surface which are the causative agents of the disease.
- Through inhalation via the oral and nasal cavity during sneezing, coughing carrier of the disease in close proximity and the spread of the virus through the air.
- Getting rotavirus for products in the oral cavity may occur with the patient or carrier of the disease.
The source of rotavirus infection in this way can be:
- unwashed or poorly washed vegetables and fruits;
- items and objects in public places, which dealt with the infected person;
- substandard food products in points or fast and public catering;
- shaking hands with a carrier of the disease;
- contact with a sick stomach flu;
- dirty or poorly washed hands.
Treatment of intestinal flu
The rotavirus vaccine is not yet practiced on the territory of the Russian Federation, unlike the European Union, so treatment involves addressing the symptoms.
With the rise of temperature accompanying a viral gastroenteritis (rotavirus), fight should start after overcoming the milestone of 38.5On.To bring the temperature down is not desirable, as the virus at elevated temperatures of the body dies, this must be done only in case of intolerance to the patients of high temperature.
As antipyretic, you can use acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and despite the immunity to inject Dimedrol and analgin. If fever does not have any effect, you must perform the wiping 40% alcohol solution. Nausea and vomiting, accompany the disease, are treated by receiving metoclopramide, motylium, cerucal which, in addition to lifting the gag reflex will allow you to restore intestinal motility.
Typical process accompanying gastroenteritis is dehydration, and as a result leaching of mineral salts and nutrients. To compensate for the loss of fluid in the body be sure to drink plenty of liquids at least 2 liters per day of the following liquids:
- strong tea: in addition to the replenishment of moisture, has a binding effect on the intestine, thus reducing diarrhea;
- sparkling mineral water: allows you to compensate for the loss of mineral salts and to compensate for dehydration;
- fruit drinks, fruit drinks and clean drinking or boiled water: replenishes moisture loss.
Diarrheal component of the disease requires individual treatment and can be performed with the help of known means:
- Folk remedies is a strong tea (the leaves), starch (in dry form, dissolved in water, jelly without sugar), rice water.
- Medications - activated charcoal, smectite, Polisorb, loperamide.
Restoring mineral balance, impaired excretion of salt from the body, is taking mineralized fluids. Special drugs regidron, glukosolan consisting of sodium and potassium chlorides, and sodium citrate (both drugs), as well as glucose and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) - for regidrona and glucosamine respectively. Liquid concentrate - water-salt solution, prepared at home by following recipes:
- Mixed with 0.7 liter of boiled soda (chamomile) and 0.3 l of broth with carrots (dried apricots, raisins) + 6 tea spoons of sugar + 1 teaspoon salt + 0.5 teaspoon of baking soda. Take 200 ml after each vomiting or diarrhea for 6 hours.
- In 1 liter of boiled water dissolve by stirring 1 tbsp salt, 2 tbsp. spoons of sugar, add half a lemon or 1 tsp citric acid.
- Natural solution of minerals - mineral, necessarily non-carbonated, water.
Colic and spasmodic contractions of the stomach requires accept spazmolitiki - but-shpa, spazmalgon. After removing the symptoms andthe normalization of the state requires recovery of the microflora of the stomach, which requires the following:
- regulation of synthesis of enzymes by using zantac or festal;
- the actual restoration of the microflora by means of Linex, Bifidumbacterin.
Peculiarities of treatment of children
In children under the age of four years old completely no resistance to rotavirus infection, with the result that they are more vulnerable, and it flows from them in a more acute form.
Peculiarities of the child's body is determined by drug treatment in children:
- to detoxify the body and reduce infectious activity appoint attapulgit;
- to restore the balance of mineral salts is used regidron;
- as antipyretic use civacon or Nurofen (syrup or candles, depending on the age of the child);
- as a disinfecting tools shown enterofuril.
The child must be isolated from others because the disease is transmitted and airborne including. The head of the crib must be raised, and during sleep the head should be turned to the side - both measures are designed to ensure that the child drowned in puke.
You need plenty of water the child, and if he refuses to drink, then you need to drink with a spoon is mandatory. Dehydration may lead to disease exacerbation and even death.
The diet of the patient. After elimination of symptoms and appearance of meals you need to follow a strict diet:
- Not allowed the use of dairy products that are a breeding ground for pathogenic bacteria.
- Food should be taken dried bread, pasta, cereals on the water (semolina, rice, and buckwheat), vegetable soups, stewed fruit, jelly on the starch, mashed potatoes, low fat cottage cheese.
- Do not eat fatty and fried food, sweets, drink lemonade and juices.
Prevention of intestinal flu
For the prevention of rotavirus infection is necessary to observe measures of personal hygiene:
- thoroughly wash hands, preferably under running water;
- to prevent the use of unauthorized personal hygiene;
- each family member must have their own Cutlery, which should be washed thoroughly, preferably with a chlorine-containing means.
When illness of a family member required his isolation from others with periodic ventilation of the room,replacement bedding and clothing.
When swimming in open water or pool should drink water.
Vegetables and fruits should be washed thoroughly with required additional treatment with boiled water.
A small conclusion
Stomach flu is a dangerous disease, during exacerbation can cause complications and even lead to death.
You can become infected anywhere, even from someone who looks healthy, as adults might have immunity, they will be carriers.
During exacerbation of symptoms and does not stop more 24 hours vomiting or diarrhea treatment stomach flu didn't fit in, you should immediately seek medical help.