Methods of performing physical therapy in diseases of the respiratory system
How to perform physical therapy in diseases of the respiratory system? What exercises are available for people who have to stay in bed?
As a rule, the disease associated with light, lead to the violation of such features as external respiration. Due to the fact that the tissue of these organs lose their elasticity. Causes the last of these factors is bronchial spasm, thickening of the walls of organs and mechanical obstruction caused by excessive mucus production.
The normal physiological process of breathing occurs through the participation of the thoracic and abdominal cavities. Respiration is divided into: a) Wernigerode, b) lower chest region) diaphragmatic types. Mastering the special breathing method, the patient learns all the types of breathing.
How useful performing physical therapy
Physical therapy in diseases of the respiratory organs assisting:
- Increased sputum production.
- Providing a General strengthening effect on every organ and system of the body.
- The accelerated pace of the processes of resorption of inflammations.
- Improved respiratory function.
- Lower the severity of manifestations of bronchial spasms.
- Decrease of intoxication, stimulation of the processes associated with the immune system.
- The improved circulation.
It is worth noting that physiotherapy in diseases of respiratory organs is not assigned to all patients. So, this method of treatment is contraindicated in patients diagnosed with respiratory failure (grade 3), lung abscess, asthma, total lung atelectasis, etc.
Read more about the method
The physical therapy course, in this case primarily focused on a few main factors:
- Providing maximum impact on the healthy tissue of the lungs with the aim to include them in the process of breath;
- The increased blood and lymph circulation in the damaged part of the body;
- Prevention of atelectasis.
Patients suffering from diseases associated with the respiratory system, assigned to bed rest, it is recommended to perform special exercises. A course of therapeutic exercises can usually begin 3-5 days of treatment. Starting position can be sitting or lying down. The pace is slow or average, range of motion, the maximum, on average, each exercise should be repeated 5 times. For each session must be given at least 10 minutes three times a day.
5-7 day ward polupostelny mode of exercise and the initial position does not change, only increase the quantity of their performance (7-10 times the average rate).Sometimes they add exercises aimed at large muscle groups, often the use of specific items. The duration of each lesson must be not less than 15 minutes, they added time to the walk. To perform a set chosen by the expert exercises the patient can own.
At 7-10 days of therapy the patient is willing to shared mode. Physical therapy during this period implies an increase in load and duration of training (40 minutes). To exercise and walk more lessons on special simulators.
Classes for patients who want to comply with bed rest
- The patient lies on his back, one hand puts on the chest, the second on the belly (breathing should be diaphragmatic). On lifting the arms up you need to take a deep breath, lowering his hands out.
- The next step is the withdrawal of the straight leg to the side, during which it is inhaling, exhaling, the patient returns the leg to its original position.
- In the next step the hands should be bent at the elbows, making a deep breath, raise them to the sides, lowering, breathe out.
- Hands bred to the sides, the patient takes a deep breath, clutching her knees. You should pull them towards the stomach, which is exhalation.
For the following exercises, the patient should lie on the side:
- While taking a deep breath, the hand should be given back, the torso also turns back. Breathing out, the patient returns to its original position.
- Placing a palm in the region of the lower ribs, taking a breath, the patient presses on the ribs, thus creating the effect of resistance.
- Clasping the back of the neck with your hand (which is necessary to generate a statistical voltage of the muscles located in the shoulder girdle), the patient takes a deep breath. In this case, all the load goes to the lower lobe.
Perform the above exercises for about 15 minutes, the patient should lie on his back (diaphragmatic breathing).
The complex of exercises for patients with ward mode
The patient sits on a chair, puts his hands in the chest and abdomen, ensures that the breathing was diaphragmatic:
- Raising one hand top and leaning to the opposite side, you should take a deep breath, returning to the starting position - exhale.
- Next, inhale arms bent at the elbows are pushed back, on the exhale, the patient returns to its original position.
- Sitting on a chair in the same position (back should be as smooth), the patient begins to perform movements resembling the breast stroke. Returning hands to starting position, isbreath, then hands bred to the sides, and exhale.
- While taking a deep breath, the patient spreads his hands at his sides, breathing out "hugs" your shoulders.
The following set of exercises performed while standing:
- Picking up a gymnastic stick, the patient takes a deep breath and raises his hands up, then bends, takes the leg back and puts on a sock.
- The following healing exercise is called "rake", it implies the execution of circular movements of the hands.
- Picking up the Mace, the patient throws them around, making a deep breath. Out, bends down and puts the Mace on the floor.
- Taking a breath, the arms should lift up, exhaling a seat, resting his hands on the floor.
- For the following exercises you will need already mentioned above the gymnastic stick. Patient gets her by the elbow and, taking a breath, bend back, exhale - leans forward.
Ends this set in the sitting position.
Classes for patients who is allowed common mode
To begin a complex is recommended with a walk around the room, walk on toes, heels, and outer and inner sides of the feet. The duration of this workout should average 5-7 minutes.
- Standing on his toes, the patient raises shoulders, with a deep breath, exhale - return to its original position.
- Taking a breath, the arms should lift up, raise your head and bend the torso, exhale, do some sit-UPS while holding your palm on the knees.
- The following exercise is called "pump", it means performing successive bends to the side (breath). Exhale - return to the same position.
- Then the patient proceeds to walk, greatly raising the hips and intensely swinging arms (not less than 3 minutes).
- The patient stands before a chair on which rests the stick, takes a deep breath and raises his hands up, breathing out - leans over and takes the stick. The following breath already with a stick, breathing out, the stick should return to its original place.
- Standing sideways to the gym wall, holding the bar in front of chest, the patient takes a deep breath and deviates from it, making the breath - returns to its original position.
- Stand in front of gymnastic wall you must raise your hands and get a top notch, thus making the inhale, exhale, grasp the bar slightly lower and to sit down.
- The following exercise is performed with gymnastic stick. The patient lifts it up, making the inhale, exhale - pressed knee to the stomach (using a stick).
To finish this set of exercises is recommended all the same slow walk, gradually reducing the pace.
Proper and regular implementation of therapeutic exercises allowssignificantly speed up the healing process.
It should be added that considerable importance is physiotherapy and massage in diseases of the respiratory system.
The set of exercises is chosen by the specialist for each patient individually. This takes into account such factors as the type of disease of the respiratory system, its stage, age of patient and so on.