What occurs sputum with blood and how to treat it?
Sputum is the mucus otharcivatmi person during a cough. Sputum with blood is observed in some diseases of the respiratory organs. As soon as it is noticed when you cough blood, you must immediately consult a doctor.
The causes of the disease
The main reasons for the cough stands out phlegm with blood this diseases such as:
- The rupture of a small vessel. With a strong and sharp cough may appear with red streaked sputum or sputum, painted in brownish color. After 2-3 days it stops - that's how much time is needed to ensure that the damaged vessel was able to recover.
- TB. Sputum streaked with blood, eye-catching, even if the patient is at this time not coughing. Characteristic for this disease are: temperature rise in the second half of the day, hair loss, rapid weight loss, sweating, weakness. At the beginning of the disease may within three or four weeks to experience a dry cough.
- Acute or chronic bronchitis. At first there is prolonged dry cough, then sputum scarlet hue; fever; weakness, the patient difficult to breathe.
- Acute inflammation of the lungs. The allocation of this disease can either be brown, either plain with red inclusions. Patient strongly temperature rises, there is a weakness, sweating and shortness of breath, incessant cough.
- Bronchiectasis. Chronic cough with purulent secretions, which contain impurities red, with fever, shortness of breath, weakness, constant desire to sleep.
- Abscess of the lung. The allocation of this disease is usually greenish with red clots. Often the mucus has a strong unpleasant odor. Body temperature is continuously increased, the patient lose the desire to eat, severe pain occurs in the chest, weakness and shortness of breath.
- Infarction of the lung. In this disease the patient has sputum with blood is not actually observed, but he spits blood. Phlegm with red secretions appear a few days. The heartbeat of the patient much learning, increasing chest pain, fever, chills, and heavy breathing.
- Adenoma of the bronchus. Severe disease where a patient is constantly accompanied by cough with purulent secretions and blood. There are severe shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, loss in weight.
- Fungal infection in the lungs. During the cough appears mucus with blood clots. The patient feels a sharp pain in the lungs,weakness.
- Infection in the lungs caused by parasites. Dry cough, sometimes with the release of scarlet or bright red sputum, there may be skin rashes on the body or other allergic reactions, shortness of breath, spasms in the bronchi.
- The damage to the lung (gunshot or knife wound, a light burn). When there is sputum expectoration with blood. The patient has permanent shortness of breath, severe pain in the region of the injured lung.
- Lung cancer. Frequent causeless allocation of scarlet, the pain in his lungs and constant fatigue.
- Rupture or infection of the cyst into the bronchi. The patient has a purulent discharge with blood, fever, chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath.
- Hypoplasia of the pulmonary vessels. Sputum with blood is very rare. This disease is characterized by pain in the lungs, shortness of breath, and sometimes fever.
- Cystic fibrosis. Sputum with blood, weakness, pain in the lungs.
- Hereditary lung disease. The constant presence of blood in the sputum, anemia, there may be bleeding in the stomach and intestines.
- Blockage of the pulmonary artery. Pain in the chest, then the temperature rises sharply, on the contrary, drops sharply. The red slime does not appear immediately - after 2 or 3 days after occlusion.
- Swelling the lung. Shortness of breath, shortness of breath, pain in the area of light, frothy mucus scarlet.
- Mitral stenosis. Blood in sputum after heavy physical exertion.
- Diseases of the blood. Blood cells in the sputum is due to hemorrhage in the lung. Observed: decreased immunity, pain in lungs, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, loss needs food, a strong enlargement of the spleen and liver.
- Sarcoidosis. When the disease affects the lymphatic system of the lungs, resulting in sputum observed several blood veins. The patient very difficult breathing, shortness of breath, regular coughing, possible skin rashes.
- Polyarteritis nodosa. Sputum with blood is a direct consequence of hemorrhage into the lung. In this patient, often the temperature rises, the heartbeat of learning, a strong sweating, fatigue, loss of appetite and severe weight loss.
When help is needed?
When the need arises to seek medical attention:
- at strong for a long time does not stop the cough with bloody secretions;
- sudden shortness of breath even when the patient is at rest;
- strong intermittent pain in the chest area;
- a sharp decline in weight, loss needs for food, weakness, fatigue;
- strong andlong lasting cough in smokers with cough, expectoration of purulent or blood.
The treatment of the disease
Adult you just can't treat a cough with phlegm, as such allocation may relate to a specific disease, which may be determined by the physician after receiving the results of the tests. Only after the doctor find out why there is a cough with mucus, he will be able to prescribe treatment for this disease.
In children, the cough with mucus and blood is rarely associated with any serious disease, but does not prevent to get checked and make sure there was nothing serious, and only after that to treat cough.
Often pediatricians for discharge of phlegm in children appoint a special massage. Massage this must be done in the morning. To turn the baby on his stomach and put so that the child's feet were raised as high as possible, but he could rest on the floor. Need gently tapping and stroking the back of the baby within 1 or 2 minutes.
Inhalations are also effective for expectoration. You can give the child to breathe on svezhesvarennogo potatoes.
If the cause of wet cough in children is bronchitis, mustard powder is a very good remedy to cure it. On the night of the child must wear warm tights and socks, from top to wear warm socks with them sprinkled with mustard powder.
A decoction of dried nettle leaves. One tablespoon of dried nettle leaves to pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. It is advisable to brew in a thermos. Leave for 20 minutes to give a drink to the child several times a day. To enhance the taste, you can add a teaspoon of honey.
On the tip of the tongue of the child can drip fir oil, 3-4 drops. Drip is required at night and in the morning.
In boiled milk, add carrot juice or radish juice. Shake well and drink this juice child several times a day.
Black radish peel, grate and squeeze out the juice, add honey. Give your child to drink small portions 5-6 times a day.
In a glass of warm milk add a teaspoon of honey, soda and butter. To give drink to the child for the night.
If you follow the above tips, it is possible to facilitate the expectoration of the patient, but to visit a qualified doctor is necessary.