Peculiarities of physical therapy for bronchitis
Physical therapy for bronchitis is a series of measures aimed at the suppression of inflammation and improvement of the drainage function of bronchi. The main objective of physical therapy is aimed at healing and strengthening the body as a whole.
In chronic bronchitis all therapeutic measures are carried out in the period of exacerbation of the disease and during remission. In acute process, all procedures are assigned immediately after the acute phase and returned to normal temperature.
Methods of physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is a very positive influence on human well-being, reduce discomfort and inflammation in bronchitis. In addition, these procedures govern the blood supply. The most effective and popular methods of physical therapy include:
- The inhalation is performed without any exposure to electrical devices.
It should be noted that inhalation can be safely applied to children and pregnant women. Medications that are used for this procedure faster and are better absorbed than those that are assigned orally. For inhalation, generally used substances such as 2% sodium chloride solution with various herbs (sage, mother-and-stepmother, chamomile). Widely used any expectorants.
Today very popular are ultrasonic inhalation using nebulizers. Their distinguishing feature is that some of them are for mineral water and special medical solutions and others for oil and herbal solutions.
Another advantage of such procedures is that they can easily carry out at home. To do this, the pharmacy must purchase a special device for inhalation and herbs. Experts advise not to choose herbs for this procedure. It is better to consult a doctor. This will help to avoid possible side effects such as unexpected allergic reactions.
Though inhalation and are a very effective method of dealing with bronchitis, they may be performed not all patients.
From this procedure should be abandoned and in the midst of affliction, and when purulent endobronchitis. Contraindications to this treatment are cancer.
- Chest massage is also quite effective method that does not require negative effects of medicines.
Professional massage therapist the pads of my index and ring finger taps on the patient's chest. Masseur performsnice stroking, kneading and rubbing. During the procedure used special heated oil. The duration of this massage, as a rule, does not exceed 5 minutes. For good result need at least 5 such procedures.
- UHF-therapy – this treatment is very useful because it stimulates the protective functions of the body, reduces pain during the disease and anti-inflammatory effect.
During UHF-therapy on the human body impact by using high-frequency electric field. Duration of this procedure usually does not exceed 20 minutes. Total is from 6 to 12 of such effects on the body. The day should be 2 UHF-therapy.
- Electrophoresis bronchitis is also a fairly common physiotherapy technique.
The essence of this procedure lies in the interaction is introduced into the body of the patient a special drug and electrical current. Current contributes to the rapid delivery of drugs into the nidus. Electrophoresis assists in the discharge and dilution of sputum and improves the performance of reception of applications and tablets.
- Magnetic therapy is also used for bronchitis. Using this procedure, the specialists reduce inflammation and improve metabolism. It should also be noted that magnetic therapy has a slight analgesic effect.
An integrated approach
For best results, physiological treatments often are combined with activities that contribute to the overall hardening of the body. Some of these activities include water treatment.
Very popular pine and salt baths, circular shower and wiping the body with water.
Doctors recommend patients with bronchitis from time to time to apply hot compresses, or visit the saunas and baths.
Very useful breathing exercises and exercise therapy.
Physiotherapy in the treatment of kids
Physiotherapy methods used to treat adults are slightly different from the methods that you can apply to the children. The thing is that the child's body is not as strong as the body of an adult, so all methods of treatment of bronchitis should take place with the least stress on the organs and tissues of the baby.
When treating babies it is very often used ultraviolet irradiation. This method is characterized by such positive properties. as:
- The reduction of the inflammatory process and edema.
- A normalizationprocesses in the child's body.
- Activation of the adaptive functions of the body.
- Improve sputum discharge.
- Stimulation of the immune system.
Mainly bronchitis doctors carried out the irradiation of the thorax of the patient.
Well-proven as a method of treatment of bronchitis in children, as the KUFA therapy. In this case, the child's organism is affected with the short-wave ultraviolet radiation, which have miracidium and bactericidal effects.
Herbal medicine at home
For anybody not a secret that various herbs and medicinal fees are very effective for many diseases. Bronchitis is no exception. Medicinal plants can be used both during remission and during relapse.
To enhance the expectorant actions and treatment of chronic forms of bronchitis, the doctors usually prescribe such plants as:
- Oregano – this plant at home you can make a very effective tincture. For this you will need to mix 200 g of water 75 g of oregano. The resulting tool should take the form of heat in ½ Cup not less than 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
- Root cyanosis – this plant can also be used to prepare tincture. 8 g of root cyanosis should be brewed in 200 g of water and make the resulting liquid by 3 tablespoons per day after meals.
- Mother-and-stepmother – for the preparation of medicinal decoction will need to brew 10 g of plant in 200 g of boiling water. Once the liquid has cooled, it is possible to eat 2 tablespoons every 3 hours.
- Kalina common – 1 Cup of fruit plants, pour 1 Cup of boiling water and cook the resulting consistency is not less than 10 minutes. Ready broth should drain, cool and add 3 spoons of honey. A decoction of viburnum ordinary, you must take ½ Cup 3 times a day.
Prevention of exacerbations
The patient usually knows that he was deteriorating.
This is indicated by the increased number and change in appearance of sputum. It appears the admixture of pus. At the slightest suspicion on an exacerbation of bronchitis, the patient should immediately seek help from a doctor.
It should be noted that the running of aggravation cropped only with the help of corticosteroids. For the prevention are prescribed drugs that protect the patient from infections of the upper respiratory tract. These drugs should be taken every month for 10 days. The duration of treatment should not be less than 6 months. If this is not done, then there is a high risk that the symptoms of the disease soontime come back.