How to restore the voice with laryngitis?
Diseases of the throat often lead to hoarseness and loss of voice. How to restore the voice with laryngitis? To answer this question, you should understand the reasons behind this phenomenon.
Causes of laryngitis
The vocal apparatus is a complex system of the body, which is composed of many organs. Coordinated work of the body allows you to make sounds. It is believed that pure clear voice is a sign of excellent health!
In the formation of speech involves the lungs, respiratory muscles, vocal cords, larynx. It is regulated by the nervous system. Inside the larynx are the vocal cords - folds of that in the formation of voice sounds to open and close. But when these folds become inflamed, then there are the raucous sounds. In such cases, people at risk and even lose voice.
Very often there is a disease of the vocal cords due to disease of the throat. Causes of loss of voice can be:
- laryngitis - inflammation of the vocal cords due to common cold;
- Smoking and alcohol;
- polluted or cold air;
- cold drink;
- eating spicy food;
- fatigue of the voice;
- shouts and other stress on the ligaments;
- thyroid disease (e.g. hypothyroidism);
- allergic reactions;
- gastrointestinal disease, against which there is irritation of the throat due to gastric juice.
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx. This disease is the most common among diseases of the throat. The first symptom of laryngitis is sipsi, squeaky voice, and sometimes aphonia occurs - the disappearance of the voice. Laryngitis accompanied with other symptoms: pain in the larynx, barking cough, shortness of breath. Laryngitis may increase the temperature, pain when swallowing and worsening of General condition.
Laryngitis may occur as an independent disease, but as an incidental symptom of a cold.
In this case the mucous membrane of the larynx thickened, especially at the edges of the folds. Frequent colds may lose muscular system, which leads to the nesmykanie ligaments.
Laryngitis is dangerous not only loss of voice, but also other complications: the development of cough, diseases of bronchi and upper respiratory tract.
Laryngitis should be treated until complete disappearance of symptoms that the disease does not become chronic. Otherwise, the slightest hypothermia or overloading of the voice will lead to irritation and sore throat. Usually after 7-10 days of intensive treatmentthe throat voice is restored.
How to regain voice after being sick
Before you start to repair the voice, you should remove the cause of loss. It is necessary first to treat laryngitis medication and traditional methods.
Usually, laryngitis is the result of a viral infection. Doctor prescribed for that antiviral drugs. If the disease occurs with the presence of high temperature and is bacterial in nature, then the doctor prescribes antibiotics. Often a doctor prescribes a course of physiotherapy: UHF, electrophoresis. For full recovery you have to pass 5-7 procedures.
There are other ways how to recover his voice:
- Moisturizes the throat of the special sucking lozenges containing zinc and vitamins. You can spray the throat sprays special: "Ingalipt", "Kameton", "Aricept".
- Gargling with an antibacterial solution prepared by hand or purchased ready-made.
- The restriction of the use of coffee. Caffeine dries the throat, thereby causing a dry cough. By the way, still contains caffeine in black tea and Pepsi-Cola.
- Humidification of the room. This can be done using a special device - a humidifier. At least in the room hang a wet sheet.
- Wet cleaning in the room 2 times a day. The presence of dust irritates the already inflamed larynx.
- Warm drink. This may come green tea with lemon and honey or herbal decoction. You can drink warm milk with honey. You should drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day. This will accelerate the metabolism and excretion of mucus and bacteria from the body. Besides a warm drink to moisten the throat.
- Hot foot bath with a water temperature no higher than 45ºC. This procedure is performed for 30 minutes, after which the legs are wiped dry and put on warm socks with dry mustard.
- And the most important rule when loss of voice: silence! During the crisis should not be loading the vocal cords until they return to normal. It is recommended not to whisper, as in this case chords even more tense.
If voice loss is severe and is not recoverable using the methods described, then the problem is solved with special medications prescribed by your physician.
Voice restoration with traditional methods
Helps inflamed throat its treatment with glycerol with iodine in a ratio of 1:1. For this, a cotton swab wound on a finger or a pencil, dipped in the remedy and treat them the larynx.
Inhalation therapythin the mucus and clear the throat from swelling. To do this, pour into a container of hot water and breathe over it, covered with a blanket. Effectively, this procedure would be if instead of water, use a hot decoction of herbs: chamomile, sage, and elecampane. If a water bath add a few drops of essential oils, the recovery will happen faster.
Steam inhalation can be carried out over hot boiled potatoes. In a saucepan add a pinch of baking soda and a few drops of iodine, and then breathe the healing vapors, covered with a blanket on top.
Good for laryngitis gargle herbal solutions. To prepare the tincture take 1 teaspoon of chopped herbs of sage, plantain, succession, and St. John's wort. Dry mixture pour a glass of boiling water and allow to infuse for 2 hours. Next, strain the infusion and rinse the throat every hour.
Helps with laryngitis this recipe:
- Dry in the oven or fry 100 grams of peanuts.
- Pour grain Cup boiling water.
- Boil the mixture on low heat for 20 minutes.
- To the broth add 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of brandy.
- All the ingredients stir thoroughly and strain. This medicine designed for a day, it should be to drink for 7 receptions.
Well restores ligament this composition:
- Take 100 grams of warm milk with alkaline mineral water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the ridge and a little butter.
- This cocktail drink in small SIPS throughout the day. It reduces swelling and warms the throat.
Very effectively causes the throat in order the cocktail of Shalyapin. For its preparation should be taken in equal proportions of brandy, lemon juice, honey and eggs. All should be good stir and drink.
From hoarseness help raw yolks, mashed with sugar and butter. The mixture use a tablespoon an hour before meals 3 times a day.
Prevention of laryngitis
Laryngitis can be cured or lessen its manifestation, if we take the following measures:
- To reduce the use of alcohol, and during his illness and all its deletion. Alcoholic drinks are even stronger dehydrating effect, thereby slowing the recovery of the voice. But the application of alcohol compresses on the neck will be useful. Such an application will warm the diseased organ.
- Diet that excludes salt, spices, smoked. You should increase the consumption of dairy and vegetable products.
- To eliminate Smoking and avoid places where there is tobacco smoke.
- The cold to breathe through the nose, not the mouth.
- To strengthen the immune system. This means: tempering the body with a contrast shower, eat vitamins, exercise andfresh air.
- Smaller shout, speak in a calm voice.
- Not to drink cold drinks. Vocal cords are very sensitive to temperature changes.
- To avoid hypothermia: wear a winter scarf on the neck.
To strengthen the vocal cords will help also a set of exercises, each of which runs at 6 times:
- When you inhale arms out to the side, and when you exhale - omit.
- Feet on width of shoulders, hands on waist. When you inhale take your elbows back, when you exhale, you go ahead.
- Put your hands on your head. Slowly tilt your body to the right 3 times, and then the same to the left.
- Put hands on shoulders. To rise on toes and stretch arms forward. At the same time to take a breath. When you return to the original position to exhale.
In order not to lose the voice, you need to carefully monitor their health, in particular the condition of the throat.