How and what better to wash the nose with a cold?
What better to wash the nose with a cold? The answer can be found both in the formal medical sources, and the archives of folk wisdom.
What you need to know about the cold?
Rhinitis is an inflammatory process in the nasal cavity. A runny nose is rarely considered as an independent pathology, mostly accompanying process of an infectious disease or an allergic reaction. The exception may be chronic: rhinitis, sinusitis, sinusitis.
The symptoms of the common cold are all too familiar. This obstruction of nasal breathing, sneezing, redness of the inner and outer surfaces of the nose and profuse mucous discharge from it. Runny nose is also able to pull all forces out of the man, cause persistent weakness and headache.
Dangerous than the common cold?
With rhinitis the risk of complications. Inflammation can spread to surrounding areas and organs (larynx, sinuses), affect the auditory and visual part.
If time and is not properly eliminated, it can take chronic forms. When they possible sharp pain in the temporal region and the occipital part. Mucus dry up and start to decompose on the inside of the nose.
This can cause the stench from the nose, which can cause depression in the patient, because the immune system is more weakened. But the main danger is that the infection can get into the sinuses, which are located closer to the bridge of your nose – so developing sinusitis. It causes severe headaches and can lead to death.
What are the reasons?
Possible variants abound, but the main reasons can be noted seasonal changes in temperature and pressure, inadequate reaction of the nasal mucosa to external stimuli, infectious diseases, allergic reactions, etc. weakening the immune system, caused by an unhealthy lifestyle, can also cause chronic colds and colds. In the diagnosis of disease the main task of a specialist to determine the true nature of the disease and then prescribe an appropriate treatment.
How to eliminate symptoms of rhinitis?
Treatments for a runny nose a great many, modern medicine is quite successful with it. In any pharmacy you can see a wide range of drugs to combat a cold. Every doctor can give a lot of practical advice in this area, but in the initial stages can be dispensed folk remediestreatment.
Tips of people's first aid kits
The first effective way is considered a nasal wash with a cold. Over the centuries accumulated a lot of recipes of compositions for this procedure. So, how and what better to wash the nose with a cold?
- Plain water. Long known about the healing properties of water. Only should it be not water, as previously settled, and even better melted. Melt water has truly unique properties, and use for washing it is better. The water should be normal room temperature. To achieve sustainable results it is necessary to do the washing regularly. But the best results can be achieved by adding to the water the various substances with a curative effect.
- Sea salt. Sea salt gives excellent results combined with regular soda. In a glass of warm water two teaspoons of sea salt and one teaspoon soda. Stir everything thoroughly. For convenience, it is better to take the medical syringe, it penetrates deeper into the nose and, consequently, carefully washes its inner surface. The syringe should as far as possible to stick to the nostril and tip the head back, better to do it over the bath, and inject the solution. It needs to flush out the whole nasopharynx and exit through the other nostril. This can result in an unpleasant burning sensation, but this is a normal reaction, never fear, just mucous membranes of the nose are inflamed too. The procedure must be repeated several times to be sure to wash all the infection from the nose. Irrigate the nose several times a day, for weeks, until complete disappearance of symptoms. For best effect you can add to the solution a few drops of iodine, as well as healing oils of silver fir, sea buckthorn, wild rose.
Than rinse your nose with a cold yet?
Perfectly suited decoctions of herbs and their fees. Fits all tools with antiseptic properties: chamomile, calendula, wormwood, St. John's wort, oak bark and willow.
You can use them individually, but you all set. Dry collection, you must pour boiling water, a teaspoon of raw materials Cup of boiling water. Boil for a few minutes, then allow to cool and infuse. You can add a little honey and lemon juice.
Should not, however, carried away by the number of ingredients, what matters is the frequency and quality of performed procedures.
Except for herbal teas you can use different infusions. Very affordable is the infusion of onions and garlic. A few cloves of garlic and a little onion should finely chop, put in any bowl and pour a glass of boiling water, to insist within an hour. Cooledinfusion is necessary to conduct a series of washings, as well as useful to just breathe in the garlic vapors.
You can then lubricate the nose menthol oil – and breathing becomes easier.
It's worth to mention about the healing properties of various juices. Of medicinal plants most suitable for the lavage and instillation of aloe (agave) and Kalanchoe. The juice of these primarily house plants has disinfectant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be added to any basic solution, it will only increase the effect. Preferably, before to press the juice from the leaves to sustain them for a couple of days in a cool place.
Of vegetable juice, you can use cabbage, beetroot, lemon juice and a small amount of water.
- At the first sign of a cold it is necessary to start its treatment.
- Not to sniff too often and much: the infection can get into the sinuses.
- Do not RUB the nose by hand.
- Be sure to use a handkerchief.
- Use the full range of treatment options - should not be confined to the washes.
- If the rhinitis of allergic origin, it is necessary to identify the allergen and eliminate it.
It must be remembered that in the cold season immunity are particularly susceptible to virus attacks. No need to over-dress and to heat rooms in the winter, because temperature contrasts create the ground for colds. This is especially true for children because their body is still weak and needs support from outside. Statistics show that among children rhinitis and chronic forms of the most widely distributed.
To reduce this percentage, it is necessary to conduct a range of health events and reduce the risk of infection in schools and kindergartens. Primary prevention of the common cold – a healthy lifestyle. After all, it depends on the immune status. Good nutrition, moderate exercise, tempering procedures – the key to a healthy body.