How to conduct the treatment of pneumonia at home
How to conduct the treatment of pneumonia at home and what is a disease? Pneumonia is popularly known as pneumonia. Is an infectious respiratory disease, caused by staphylococci, streptococci and Haemophilus influenzae. Most often pneumonia manifests with a weak immune system and in the offseason.
Mild forms of pneumonia can be cured at home, but still need to follow the doctor's recommendations. But you should know that in severe disease may appear complications.
How is the infection
The disease is transmitted by airborne droplets. Pathogens enter the body if contact with the patient. They go with the flow of air into the lungs and then in the blood. If a person already has a cold, suffers from diabetes, drink alcohol or smoke, then it is the probability of getting pneumonia is higher. In rare cases can trigger the disease can fluid retention, which is formed due to a long stay in a horizontal position.
Symptoms of pneumonia:
- Shortness of breath, hard to breathe.
- Pain in chest and back.
- General weakness.
- Increased perspiration night.
- Pain in the joints and muscles.
The symptoms may occur to a greater or lesser extent, so you need to go to the doctor to confirm or refute the assumption about the disease.
The incubation period
The duration of the incubation period ranges from 1-3 days to 1-2 weeks. It all depends on what the causative agent it is caused by.
Infection can occur if:
- There are immune system disorders such as AIDS.
- In contact of the heterogeneous particles in the human respiratory tract.
- Caused by chlamydia, etc.
- During artificial lung ventilation.
- In organ transplants.
- For persons residing in shelters.
- Those who is cleaned of blood.
- Improper treatment of wounds home.
The severity of the disease is determined only by the attending physician in the study of lung tissue and the General condition of the respiratory tract.
- General hypothermia.
- Related diseases.
- Old age.
- The deterioration of the immune system.
Treatment of pneumonia:
- The adoption of antibiotics.
- Medicineof sputum.
- Immunomodulatory drugs.
- Possible surgical intervention.
Sick with pneumonia any person regardless of their age and living conditions. But some people have noted a higher probability of infection. This category includes the elderly, who must more closely monitor their health.
As a rule, to treat pneumonia better in a hospital setting. If this is not possible, the house should be observed bed rest. The diet should be complete, the room is always ventilated and clean. It is impossible physically and mental strain, you need not tire yourself, and in any case not to carry the disease on their feet. Even after the pneumonia is cured, you must wait 10-15 weeks for the body was recovered, only then we can again engage in sports and lead an active lifestyle.
Pneumonia causes poor appetite, but you need to eat at least small portions to the body is not depleted. You should drink plenty of water, because the illness goes on after sweating.
If there is respiratory failure should be oxygen inhalation.
If the treatment is carried out at home, then you must follow the medication. Some of them are administered intramuscularly, and some can be taken orally, it all depends on the severity of the disease.
Pneumonia treatment is carried out for a period of 6-11 days, if improvement of health status is not marked, then change the antibiotic more effective.
The illness provokes the intoxication of the organism, so you need to take medications that bring toxins from the body. To cure pneumonia should eat well, and eat more vitamins to boost immunity.
At a temperature and fever, which can continue for more than one week after onset of inflammation, you need to use antipyretic drugs.
With a strong cough prescribe expectorants syrups. Treatment involves the use of antihistamines to prevent allergic reactions.
You need to carry out the procedure until, until x-rays will not show a full recovery.
What is the danger of pneumonia and forecasts on the disease
The disease may be complicated, and can affect other organ systems. The disease is able to cause inflammation of the pleura. It can be suppurative and is characterized by shortness of breath and bouts of severe choking.
The destruction of the lungs occurs due to the lowering of the immune system during a long period ofdisease. This is a purulent inflammation of lung tissue can lead to gangrene. Pneumonia can cause myocarditis, pulmonary or cardiac failure, toxic shock and more.
It all depends on the age of the patient and stage of the disease. In the normal course of the disease is possible and the full restoration of lung tissue.
Can I use diet in the treatment of disease?
The main feature of the menu with pneumonia is that food needs to be easily digested. This is due to the higher energy costs of the immune system.
In any case you cannot force yourself to eat when full and lack of appetite. Eat fruits that are rich in vitamins and minerals. You can eat chicken soups and vegetable soups. At all stages of healing should drink a lot of water to "dilute" toxins in the blood and remove them from the body. Useful tea with raspberry, water with dissolved in it with baking soda.
Despite the fact that doctors treat the disease in the hospital, proper treatment of the disease can be done at home. But one bed is not enough, you need to fulfill all the requirements of a doctor. With pneumonia not to be trifled with, because the doctor send the patients in the pulmonology clinics.
Traditional medicine in the fight against disease
Healing pneumonia with folk remedies may be when a doctor has determined the course of treatment and type of disease.
Folk remedies are ancillary to medical treatment prescribed by a doctor.
In any case it is impossible to treat at home without doctor's recommendations. On his part requires regular monitoring of the health status of the patient.
Treatment of folk remedies:
- A good tool in the fight against pneumonia is the garlic. Take 250 g, make him a mush, put in a container and close the lid, let her stand 20 minutes Then open, take 100 g of the juicy mass of garlic and pour a liter of Cahors. Leave the mixture for 14 days, then strain through a cheesecloth and place in a glass container. So it may take time to maintain their properties in the refrigerator. The mixture should be rubbed the chest.
- Take a huge onion, squeeze out the juice, add honey in equal proportions. To drink the drug should 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon 20 minutes before eating.
- Cut the onion and boil in 300 g of milk, close the clean cloth boiled milk in a pot and let it infuse for 3 hours. Then strain the composition and pour the liquid into a glass container, so it will remain a little longer (keep only in the fridge). Eat 3 hours 1 tbsp.
- Garlic is a effective tool in the fight againstvarious ailments, but children refuse to eat. How can that be? Take 1 teaspoon of the herbal tea of marshmallow root, pine buds, fruit, anise, sage leaves and licorice root (they are freely available and can be purchased at any pharmacy), pour 300 ml of liquid, allow to steep 15 minutes and strain the infusion through cheesecloth. Take 300 g of infusion of 1 every 2-2.5 hours.
- 5 tsp herbal that contains the root of the wild ginger, thyme, fennel, pine buds, anise, licorice root, pour a glass of room temperature water, let stand tincture a couple of hours and boil. Cool, strain through cheesecloth and drink in a few receptions for a day.
- Mustard plasters for pneumonia - an effective tool. On a par with ordinary mustard plasters, those sold in a pharmacy, are allowed to use the same, but made of garlic. Chop the garlic. On chest and back apply Malecki soaked with sunflower oil, put them on the garlic pulp. The procedure time is 10 minutes, so as not to burn the skin.
- Inflammation of the lungs will help inhalation, for example, with the use of pine oil (5 drops in a large container of water).
- Very useful massage the back and chest with essential oil or powdered garlic.
Prevention methods do not differ from similar measures in all catarrhal ailments. Thoroughly wash hands with soap before eating and after coming from the street. Necessary to support immunity, take vitamin complexes, doing Wellness, a walk in the fresh air, but not to hypothermia.
You should try to quit Smoking because it increases the risk of developing many and many times. In spring and autumn, the physicians are advised to wear a medical gauze bandage, to protect yourself from getting the flu, which lowers the human immune system.