Tracheitis: what does it mean?
Diagnosis bronchitis - what is it? What are the possible symptoms to determine the disease? what are the causes and treatment methods?
Tracheitis is a disease that provokes inflammatory processes in the mucosa of the trachea.
In the medical reference books that the disease has a code ICJ-10, ICD-9. Despite the fact that the trachea is the organ of the lower respiratory tract, in the international classification of diseases - diseases of the upper tract.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Given that bronchitis can be acute or chronic, and the reasons for which it is called, is different.
Tracheitis is most often caused by improper or untimely treatment of such diseases as pharyngitis, laryngitis, rhinitis. Inflammatory processes that occur in these diseases, spread to the trachea.
In acute tracheitis the causes of the disease are as follows:
- viral infection;
- Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus (in very rare cases);
- inhalation of cold air through the mouth;
- polluted and dusty air in the city;
- exceeding the limits of fumes and gases gasoline, paint, chemically active substances;
- reaction to the dust from allergies.
Causes of chronic bronchitis are:
- the consequences of suffering an acute form of the disease;
- Smoking, alcohol;
- chronic kidney disease, lung, heart;
- rhinitis, sinusitis.
How to recognize bronchitis symptoms
Tracheitis in adults and children has pronounced symptoms.
Develops strong, paroxysmal dry cough. He enhanced the evening and early morning. Occur coughing can after a deep breath, laugh, long conversations.
Each of these attacks of coughing ends with severe pain in the throat, shortness of breath, inability to inhale a full breast. Particularly pronounced this symptom in children.
Any, even the most minimal accumulation of phlegm, give a signal to the irritation of the trachea, and a new attack begins anew.
Can change the voice, if untreated, the disease is caused by laryngitis. This disease can dramatically rise the temperature up to 39º C. also States that the course of the disease without fever, or within 37,2 º C.
3-4 days with cough appear Muco-purulent discharge, and pain is reduced.
Very often, the disease occurs simultaneously with the inflammation of the bronchi, then the doctor sets the diagnosis of tracheobronchitis. When such current is recorded a high temperature, and cough dangerous to human life.
Some patients withthe visit to the doctor and indicate the same symptoms:
- General weakness, malaise;
- a feeling of tightness in my ribs;
- sore throat;
- complete loss of voice;
- difficulties in breathing at physical loads.
Types of tracheitis
From that was the correct diagnosis of tracheitis depends on the choice of the required treatment. Thus it is necessary to know the types of this disease.
- Primary. Develops as an independent disease. Diagnosed in very rare cases.
- Secondary. There is an infectious disease.
Secondary tracheitis can be:
- Laryngotracheitis. At the same time inflamed larynx and trachea.
- Rinofaringita. Inflammatory processes occur in the nose, throat and trachea.
- Tracheobronchitis. Inflamed bronchial tubes and mucous membrane of the trachea.
Classification due to:
Infectious has its own classes:
- Tracheitis bacterial. The reason for getting Staphylococcus aureus, Haemophilus influenzae, Bacillus, Streptococcus.
- Fungal. A very rare species. The cause be a fungus candidiasis, which progress against the background of reduced immunity.
- Viral tracheitis. The cause of the disease be transferred influenza, acute respiratory infections, SARS.
- Mixed. The impetus for the development of the disease getting a viral infection, and then joins bacterial.
Methods of diagnosis of tracheitis in children and adults
All types of tracheitis have a strong clinical picture. But to make their own conclusions and prescribe treatment is not recommended. Coughing can be a symptom of many diseases, including serious enough. To diagnose and prescribe treatment can only be attending physician.
To determine the presence of bacterial tracheitis type (and not only), it is sufficient to converse with the patients or parents if the child got sick. In conversation, the doctor learns about the causes of this disease, sensations of the patient, when listening to the chest, it will be possible to judge the degree of severity of the disease.
If the doctor you are in doubt about the definition of tracheitis, you may recommend a blood test. If the diagnosis is confirmed, it will be raised erythrocyte sedimentation rate, white blood cell count. Can be assigned x-ray studies to exclude more serious inflammatory processes.
May be laryngotracheotomy. This examination of the larynx andthe trachea with a flexible endoscope. The same principle is the basis to select bronchoscopy, which examines the bronchi.
While antibiotics can be carried out bacteriological examination of sputum. This gives you the opportunity to determine the degree of sensitivity to antibiotics.
Methods of dealing with tracheitis
As soon as was first noticed the symptoms of tracheitis, you must immediately consult a doctor.
The disease is treated with conservative method at least 2 weeks.
Drugs are selected depending on the type of disease.
Treatment of acute tracheitis lasts longer. If there is no temperature, there shall be the mustard on the chest. If diagnosed symptoms of intoxication, is also appointed sulfonamides and antibiotics. If the cough is paroxysmal in nature, it is recommended to use aerosols and sprays. If mucus 3-4 days does not depart on their own, that are prescribed expectorants, alkaline inhalations.
If tracheitis occurs on the background of viral infection, rimantadine is appointed in the first days of treatment. If you are unable to identify the virus that caused inflammation of the trachea, there shall be antiviral drugs common actions. If you do not use antivirals, the treatment will not bring a quick recovery, and the disease may become chronic.
Effectively fight bacterial tracheitis pulmonary type. You can use the ultrasonic nebulizer or hold them for a couple. If this procedure for a couple, then the patient should not be temperature.
Chronic diseases are treated with propolis. To carry out the procedure you need in the morning and evening for 15-20 minutes.
While bouts of severe coughing need to use antitussives for Ambroxol.
If it starts expectoration of purulent sputum, appointed by the penicillin antibiotics, doxycycline.
When discharge of pus is recommended to use inhalation-based garlic and onions on novocaine solution.
If correctly prescribed treatment, and performed all the recommendations, the forecasts for recovery are favorable.
Treat the child
For children it is important to determine the cause of the disease, as it affects the choice of antibiotic. If caused by microbes, that is assigned to the amoxicillin, bioparox, azithromycin. If the nature of the disease viral enough antiviral drugs.
Children hard to cope with bouts of dry cough, so the treatment should begin with expectorant andexpectorate means. This allows for 3-4 days to transfer in a wet cough. Expectorants in the form of tablets is contraindicated in children under 6 years.
In the home can be used mustard, in the absence of temperature, inhalation. A mandatory condition for a quick recovery is to drink plenty of liquids, this allows you to minimize the risk of intoxication of the organism and helps to thin out phlegm.
In most cases, early treatment of the disease does not give chances for complications. But if you ignore the first symptoms, or not to follow the doctor's instructions, you can begin the stenosis of the larynx, obstruction of the bronchi.
These diseases are very dangerous for children under 6 years. Adults may develop bronchial pneumonia. The patient inflamed walls of the lungs and bronchi, appears pus, body temperature rises to 40ºC.
People's pharmacy treatment
For treatment, must be used compresses, rubbing, inhalation is the folk medicine can offer a large number of them, which quickly and effectively help the patient.
- Radish juice with honey. Enough to clean one radish, cut in its center a recess, and put the tea box of honey. A few hours will begin to form juice. It should take a teaspoon 5-6 times a day.
- Effectively warms the trachea and bronchi boiled potatoes. It is necessary to boil a few potatoes in their skins, mash these it and add a few drops of vegetable oil. To form a pellet, and a warm, put in place the trachea in front and back. Cover with film wrap and wrap a warm scarf. This compress should lie about an hour. Rinse with only warm water.
- You can gargle with the soda and salt solution.
- Well softens the throat, removes the phlegm sea buckthorn oil. They have enough to gargle to 4 times a day.
- Inhalation is best done over soda solution. It helps soften the phlegm and to improve their discharge.
- With caution need to conduct inhalation over the potatoes. Modern potato during growth generates more pesticides. There are many cases of allergic reactions caused by inhalation over the potatoes.
- Inhalation of propolis help even in acute forms of the disease.
- Teas from different herbs. This may be sage, chamomile, or just breast fees, where the complex provides all the herbs. With care these teas to give the children. Some herbs have contraindications to 6-12 years.
Disease is easier to prevent than to treat
In order to protect the child and the adult, need to preventtracheitis. Experts recommend early treatment of all acute respiratory infections, SARS, influenza, as they are the main impetus to the development.
At the first symptoms of the disease should immediately consult a physician. Those who frequently suffer from viral diseases, it is necessary to think of introduction hardening, the revision of the diet.
If diagnosed allergic tracheitis, you need to perform a daily cleaning of the house, ventilate the room. To minimize contact with animals if the causes of cough is getting their wool.
Every person needs to understand what is tracheitis. What is the disease can have devastating consequences. Therefore, only timely treatment to the doctor, compliance with all recommendations will give you the opportunity to recover in the shortest time.