Learn: antibiotics for laryngitis in adults
Laryngitis is an inflammatory process that develops in the larynx, in both adults and children. Antibiotics for laryngitis in adults, do I need to take, can I use?
Antibiotics for laryngitis give the opportunity to handle the condition when the causative agent is the bacteria (microorganisms).
Causes and symptoms of the disease
Reasons for the occurrence of acute laryngitis are many. First of all, it is viral and bacterial infections such as respiratory catarrh, tonsillitis, bronchitis, tracheitis.
The most likely causes of acute laryngitis is:
- Complications of influenza.
- Complications of measles, scarlet fever.
- Irritation of the mucous membrane with long time passing dry cough bronchitis.
- Severe stress on the vocal cords (peculiar for singers, lecturers, educators, teachers), representatives of the professions that in the course of the working day need to load your voice.
- Bad production, where a person is forced to breathe harmful or hazardous substances due to the nature of their profession.
- The spread of pathogenic organisms, in the case of the presence of caries in the oral cavity.
Except for acute forms of the disease secrete allergic form of the disease, in which the main reason is the triggers, they form the development of edema in the larynx. Triggers can be of various origins: pollen, animal dander, citrus fruits, bee products (honey, propolis, etc.).
The symptoms of this disease are largely dependent on its shape. Consider the symptoms of the acute form of laryngitis:
- sore throat which increases with swallowing, coughing and trying to speak;
- low-grade fever (37,2-37,60, however, there are cases with increasing temperature is a little higher these indicators,
- intoxication (headache, lethargy, weakness);
- dry paroxysmal cough, slight sputum;
Types of antibiotics for treatment of the disease
Often in this disease therapists and ENT doctors prescribe antibiotics of the following groups:
- a number of penicillin: ampicillin, Amoxiclav;
- a number of cephalosporin: Ceftriaxone, cefixime, akcetin;
- macrolides: clarithromycin, Sumamed.
Important: the decision on the appointment of an antibiotic is made only by the specialist. After all, if the cause of laryngitis in the individual is not a bacterium, and, for example, a virus, taking antibioticsdrugs will be not just useless but also extremely harmful to the body because antibiotics kill not only pathogenic microorganisms, but everyone else, including, and beneficial microflora. The result protective functions of the body weaken and become more susceptible to other viruses and bacteria. While the allergic form of the disease the use of antibiotics can lead to increased swelling, which naturally worsens the patient's condition.
In addition, for the treatment is selected based on the stage of the disease. If laryngitis becomes chronic, the doctor decides which antibiotic to prescribe.
Antibiotics: do we need it?
To treat laryngitis, regardless of its form, comprehensively and efficiently, you need to completely eliminate pathogenic factors and causes that can lead to the development of disease.
Laryngitis and antibiotics are often inseparable. But to accurately tell whether you need antibiotics for laryngitis, ideally, you need to carry out bacteriological analysis. Using this study, you can learn of the pathogen laryngitis and its sensitivity to specific antibiotics. However, as practice shows, such a study is carried out very rarely. And it has its own reasons:
- the results of this study are ready in 7-14 days.
- laboratories which can conduct such a study is not in every hospital, to say nothing of private clinic;
- bacteriological analysis is not included in the list of surveys (standard) laryngitis.
If, nevertheless, such a study were conducted, in accordance with the obtained results, select the treatment with antibiotics.
In the end, the decision on the rational use of antibiotics is determined by the symptoms and clinical picture.
Often, a doctor may prescribe such a drug, as Bioparox. He is also the antibiotic, but local action, as releasing it in the form of an aerosol. This is its advantage, as it operates locally, there is no negative impact on intestinal microflora.
Treatment of laryngitis is usually complex, therefore specialist if patient has a large number of viscous sputum may be assigned expectorant drugs, for example, Mukaltin, the Taste. Also, the specialist may prescribe drugs Bromhexine, Ambroxol.
If expressed on a dry, nonproductive, "barking" cough, the doctor may prescribe antitussives, but such a decision can only take the doctor, knowing that the inflammatory processis in the larynx and has not spread down the bronchial tree.
Greater efficacy in the treatment of this disease has proven inhalation, which is carried out also with the use of aerosols of antibiotics.
If all the same was prescribed treatment with antibiotics, usually a doctor, to reduce the adverse effects of antibiotics on intestinal microflora, appoints Pro - and prebiotics, and to prevent fungal infection appoint preparations containing fluconazole.
Preventive measures for prevention of laryngitis include hardening of the body, through gradual and systematic training of the body to changes in temperature (e.g., in the form of a contrast shower). Start hardening better in the warmer time of year (preferably in summer).
It is necessary to abandon bad habits: Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages. Preferably to observe and drinking regime to prevent drying of the mucosa, especially if you have a daily large load on the vocal cords. It is important to start treatment of acute forms of the disease to the chronic condition. It is better to consult a doctor to avoid complications. If you started self-medicating, which has no effect, it is better to immediately consult a specialist.